Companionship – keep loneliness at bay
Nothing can help an individual more than a genuine friend who can keep one mentally and physically engaged in doing things they love to do. Companionship is an essential requirement for aged people, and it can do wonders for them by making them feel happier and not lonely or neglected. Loneliness is one of the biggest causes of depression amongst aged people whilst social support enhances quality of life and reduces the incidence of depression.
Our caregivers nurture a friendly relationship with our clients to help them cherish each day.
Companionship services include:
- Doing crafts and hobbies for mental stimulation
- Social activities at home or in the community
- Going for leisurely walks (pets are welcome!) to promote fitness and active lifestyle
- Attending family gatherings, concerts, religious events or festivals
- Conversation, storytelling and reading books