Foot Care – keep calm and take care of your feet/ healthy feet are happy feet
It’s essential that we all take good care of our feet in later life. It lowers our risk of having a fall and reduces our risk of infection, as well as relieving pain. Your loved one’s feet can give an early warning about serious health problems such as diabetes, nerve damage, poor blood circulation and arthritis.
People can develop serious foot problems as they age, which puts their health, independence and well-being at risk. Our foot care nurses are specially trained in the provision of elderly foot care, diabetic foot care, and will provide treatment, information and support that assist in the promotion of healthy feet and healthy living.
Our foot care services include:
- Personalized assessment of feet and nails
- Toenail trimming and filing
- Cream application and foot massages to enhance circulation
- Assessment and treatment of corns and calluses
- Advice on how to prevent and care for corns, calluses, toenails and feet conditions
- Diabetic foot care (for people with diabetic foot problems)
- Elderly foot care
- Foot care education